Personal information is information that identifies an individual or would allow for an individual to be identified.
In conducting our business, we will necessarily collect personal information about our clients and others, as this is necessary in order to provide our services. We collect personal information:
• to establish and manage client relationships, provide advice, perform services, fulfill our own legal obligations, and avoid conflicts of interest;
• to share personal information to and from third parties for the purpose of providing our services. Such third parties may include your counsel or others as dictated by the circumstance;
• to consider whether we should establish a commercial relationship with prospective clients, suppliers and other third parties, including to evaluate credit standing and to match credit bureau or credit reporting agency information;
• to establish and maintain commercial relationships with clients, suppliers and other third parties, including to issue invoices, administer accounts, collect and process payments, and to fulfill contractual obligations;
• to understand and respond to client, supplier and other third party needs and preferences, including to contact and communicate with such parties and to conduct surveys, research and evaluations;
• to develop, enhance, market, sell or otherwise provide our products and services;
• to market, sell or otherwise provide products and services of third parties with whom we have a commercial relationship;
• to distribute informational e-mail communications, conference information and other material to individuals on our mail and e-mail lists, including via third party mailing houses and e-mail service providers;
• to detect and protect us and other third parties against error, negligence, breach of contract, fraud, theft and other illegal activity;
• as permitted by, and to comply with, any legal or regulatory requirements or provisions; and
• for any other purpose to which you consent.
To Whom Do We Disclose Your personal information?
From time to time, we may disclose your personal information to:
• service providers, including an organization or individual retained by us to perform functions on our behalf, such as data processing, document management and office services;
• a person who, in our reasonable judgment, is providing or seeking the information as your agent (such as your legal counsel);
• to our insurers and to regulatory agencies such as provincial governing bodies, insurers or others in connection with regulatory or other activities relating to the obligations of Pellarin Inc. or Pellarin Professional Corporation and its professional practices;
• to government authorities, insurers, benefits providers, consultants or agents as reasonably required to establish, manage or terminate relationships; and
• any third party or parties, where you consent to such disclosure or where disclosure is required or permitted by law.
Where do We Store Your personal information?
Your personal information is stored in secured locations and on servers controlled by us, located either at our offices or at the offices of our service providers.
How May You Obtain Access to Your personal information?
Upon your written request, subject to certain exceptions, we will inform you of the existence, use and disclosure of your personal information and will give you access to that information. Access requests should be sent to the contact information below.
How do We Protect Your personal information?
To help protect the confidentiality of your personal information, we employ administrative and technological safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of your personal information. Where personal information is sent to a third party for processing we ensure, through our contacts with them, that all personal information is kept secure. We operate secure data networks protected by industry standard firewall and password protection systems.
Privacy and Our Website
When an individual accesses our website, we may record information such as the type of Internet browser and operating system the visitor uses, the domain name of the website from which the visitor came, date and duration of the visit, number of visits, average time spent on our website, and the pages viewed. We do not collect data such as the visitor’s name or ID (such as login names).
These functions are generally performed by the use of “cookies”. Visitors can set their browsers to either to notify them when they have received a cookie or refuse to accept cookies. If a visitor refuses to accept cookies, he or she may not be able to use some of the features available on our website.
E-mail and other communications:
Parties may voluntarily submit personal information in email or other communication to us.
Occasionally, we may send marketing or promotional e-mail communications to you with information that may be useful, including information our services. We will include instructions on how to unsubscribe and inform us of preferences if you decide you do not want to receive any future marketing or promotional e-mails from us.
For further information, you can contact us here.